Building on the success of seven previous events, we’re delighted to announce the National Tree Officers Conference will return on the 7th November 2023.
Proudly hosted by the Association of Tree Officers (ATO), Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF), London Tree Officers Association (LTOA) and the Municipal Tree Officers’ Association (MTOA), this year’s conference will take place in Reading, Berkshire.
Developed specifically for tree officers, the National Tree Officers Conference is a great opportunity for tree, woodland and planning professionals to present to their peers on the latest research, best practice and innovation across a wide range of local authority arboricultural and urban forestry work.
We’re looking for presentation proposals relating to the following subject areas:
• Pests and diseases
• Planting and species selection
• Climate change mitigation/increasing resilience
• Planning and development
• Ancient/Veteran Tree management
• Managing physical damage (e.g. deer, squirrel, dogs, vandalism)
• Public/stakeholder engagement
• Trees and the law
• Local authority tree management (including felling procedures, risk assessment and subsidence)
• Use of tree data for management, information and influence
Submissions will be reviewed by the conference steering group with quality, relevance, practical nature of the material and potential audience appeal as key assessment criteria.