The Association of Tree Officers (ATO) has emerged from the National Association of Tree Officers (NATO) and the London Tree Officers Association (LTOA) joining forces to build a stronger national organisation. ATO will represent and promote UK tree officers at a national and international level and support the work of the regional tree officer groups.
During the past year the ATO Directors have:
- appointed new Directors
- defined the ‘aims & vision’ of the organisation and written a new constitution
- changed the name and designed a new logo
- established a comprehensive business plan
- drawn up a new membership package, which includes a range of benefits for both local authority and a new individual membership category
- made regular contact with most of the regional tree officer groups in the UK through the Tree Officer Forum, providing the organisation with a ‘grass roots’ national perspective
- become a National Tree Officer Conference (NTOC) steering group partner
- been building the website to be an information resource for tree officers and other professionals
With the continued support of our membership and supporters and the strong links to regional tree officer groups, ATO is the national voice for tree officers. Standing together tree officers will have a stronger and unified voice, which can only be a good thing for tree officers.
For more information please explore our website further and if you would like to become a member of ATO please take a look at our membership pages https://www.ato.org.uk/members